When I was diagnosed with cancer I found it helpful to read other patient’s blogs and look at the timeline of their disease progression and treatment. I found myself scouring the internet and look at blog posts and dates to see how long they have had cancer, what treatments worked, and how long those treatments had been working. I hope this page helps future newly diagnosed lung cancer patients and can offer some hope to help them manage and cope with their new perspective on life.
- December 16, 2017 — went to the hospital due to severe back pain
- December 18, 2017 — urgent spine surgery due to spinal metastases from the lung
- December 30, 2017 — deep vein thromboses in both my calves
- January 2, 2018 — radiation therapy for tumors in my spine
- January 15, 2018 — molecular profile complete showing I was Alk-positive
- January 23, 2018 — started Alecensa (alectinib) oral targeted therapy
- March 23, 2018 — repeat CT scan showed my tumor is responding to treatment